Thursday, January 27, 2011

DIY Education

I would like to start off by saying that I have always wanted to home school, I believe the appeal is being able to cater to my children’s needs and learning styles wholeheartedly and being the one responsible for their learning successes, and being there to help them overcome difficulties in the most productive way possible.



I wish…… I wish I had come to the decision to home school all on my own without all the mucking around with schools, and upsetting the emotional balance of my precious little person. We spent a whole year battling before realising that Education is a Right, and there is also a choice to how we do it. It’s was so tough to find our way when our way is so different to what we see around us. I believe I am the best teacher for my children, but struggled daily convincing myself this when I am surrounded by a culture where our 3 yr olds attend day care 3 days a week so they are prepared for preschool….which they attend so they are ready for Kindy…..which they attend to be ready for school. I don’t believe ANY of that is necessary for my family. We are all bright happy individuals and I know that with effort, there will only ever be success for everyone.


What do I hope to achieve at the end of it all? My goal is to raise healthy, happy, well rounded successful children so that they become happy, healthy, well rounded successful adults.


Here you will find a recollection of our days, or successes, our highs and lows and all that we encounter on our journey into DIY Education ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment