Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Nature Journal

Nature Journaling

As I absorb all I can to ensure our home ed is nourishing, I must say that I am most excited about starting a Nature Journal with the kids this year! After reading about Charlotte Mason and the style of learning in the way she represents, I can see how this activity is truly going to benefit our learning experience.

So, we have put together our Nature Exploring Kit!
In it we have:
Scrapbook – which we decorated the cover and front page in preparation
The Wonderland of Nature Journal by Nuri Mass from http://www.homeschoolingdownunder.com/science_nature_homeschool_resources/the_wonderland_of_nature.html
And the corresponding work sheets
Pencil
Watercolour Pencils
Eraser
Glue
Jar for water and specimen collection
Sharpener (mostly because Miss Ant is obsessed with keeping a sharp pencil!)
Watercolour sketch book (so we can cut out her art work and glue into the scrapbook)





We are going to start off just exploring our own backyard, and why not! We have a fabulous backyard filled with plants, trees, flowers and BUGS! I have also found a list of local bush walks in our local area that I plan to make a real excursion out of.
For Miss Ant, participation is the key, so Vincent and I have our own scrapbooks too! We will all work in our journals, at our own respected levels but all together.


Well, today is Friday! Art day consists of a sand art activity that Miss Ant chose from the Australian Geographic Shop and then off for a play with other home Educated kids at the local park……it’s already 11am so I had better get a move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment