Thursday, January 27, 2011

Starting Off on the Right Foot

School started yesterday! Regardless of the fact we don’t have our work books yet nor have a really planned much! But, Miss Ant decided she’d had enough of a ‘holiday’ and wanted to get right back into it!



Anyway, since this is the 1st week of our 1st official year of home ed, I thought I’d highlight what we both plan to tackle!  Here’s a little list of what we both want to encompass in our learning week:


- Nature Journaling


- French


- Maths


- Comprehension


- Science


- Writing Skills


- ART!


- Music


- Reading (and reading related tasks)


- Computers


- Dancing


- Regular Home Ed group activities


Now, this sounds like a lot! But I assure you, it isn’t :) Everything is broken up into bite sized chunks, and we don’t do everything every day. E.g. On Fridays, we start with a spelling test then the rest of the day is Art and playing with friends at the park.


No pressure!
Yup, no pressure on what we complete every day. Taking a similar approach as I do to food actually! Okay, so an example, to keep my kids eating healthy, I make them a platter of healthy goodies for lunch every day. My thinking is, that if I offer them a largish selection of healthy snacks, it doesn’t really matter what they choose – it’s all good and it’s all filling.



"Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work." – William Arthur Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment